Since shooting my buck a few weeks ago, I have been trying to come up with some new venison recipes to feed my family. This Venison Stroganoff was a hit and is a new favorite in our household. It’s so simple, yet extremely tasty! It fed my family of 4 with about one bowl-full left for the next day. Serve with salad and garlic bread for a great meal!
- 1 lb venison, cubed
- One 10 ½ oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 packet of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix
- ½ cup water
- One 4 oz can sliced mushrooms
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package egg noodles
- Combine everything except the cream cheese, parsley and egg noodles in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese just before serving.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles and sprinkle chopped, fresh parsley on top.
By Andrea Haas
Andrea Haas is a Pro-Staffer from Missouri who enjoys hunting deer, turkeys, and upland birds. She is also the founder of the Huntress View, an organization formed to help strengthen the ever growing community of women hunters.